Terms & conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully prior to paying your deposit for your guest bedroom.
Receipt of your reservation fee is confirmation that you have read, understood and agree to adhere to the terms and conditions for Lochview House
Booking / Payment
- When making a booking you will be required to give details of your name, address and contact details.
- When you make your booking you will be required to pay a ‘non-refundable’ reservation fee by credit/debit card for £25 . For self catering apartments we require a £75 non-refundable reservation fee.
- The balance of payment for a bed and breakfast room or the self catering apartment is payable on arrival.
Last minute availability
- If you are making a last minute booking on the day, we will either:
- take full payment by credit/debit card over the telephone or
- agree for you to pay in cash on arrival
- Proof of address will be required to validate credit / debit cards
Cancellation / failure to arrive / non availability
In the event you need to cancel a booking, it is our policy to make the following charges:
- Bed and breakfast
Cancellation more than 5 days ahead of the stay: loss of reservation fee.
Cancellation 5 days or less ahead of the stay or in the event of non-arrival: 100% of the total charges that would have been due for your entire stay.
- Self catering apartment
Cancellation more than 14 days ahead of the stay: loss of reservation fee.
Cancellation 14 days or less ahead of the stay or in the event of non-arrival: 100% of the total charge for your entire stay.
We recommend you have travel insurance to insure against such an eventuality.
- We are sorry we cannot accommodate children under the age of 12 years. Children over 12 years must be accompanied by an adult and, if necessary, able to stay in their own room.
- All rooms accommodate a maximum of two people and we cannot provide extra beds in any of our rooms.
- We sorry that we do not accept pets.
Arrival and Departure
- Check in time is between 3pm and 7pm on the day of arrival.
- Please advise, at the time of booking, your expected arrival time.
- Check out time is 10am on the day of departure.
- All keys must be returned to reception in Lochview House.
Damages and cleaning
- Please report all damages to Lochview House straight away.
- If we need to undertake excessive cleaning or replace broken or missing items during or following your stay they will be billed to your credit/debit card.
Food and alcohol
- We request that cooked foods, especially takeaways, are not consumed in the guest rooms as many leave a lingering smell that may be offensive to other or subsequent guests. You are welcome to use the Garden room to eat and we will supply cutlery and crockery, please ask.
- A selection of maps and leaflets are available in the guest house and the local tourist information centre is in the High Street of Fort William.
- Dirty/wet boots/skis or walking/biking gear etc must be removed before entering Lochview House and must be stored in our purpose built drying room.
- Bikes/Skis may be stored in the garage or drying room subject to availability and by prior arrangement only.
- Bikes/Skis and equipment must not be brought into Lochview House by any access points or taken to any other parts of the property.
- All items stored in Lochview’s garage or drying room are left at your own risk and Lochview House has no responsibility for any loss or damage.
- We supply complimentary items for the guest rooms and we reserve the right not to restock items during a stay if in our reasonable opinion they are being removed rather than used.
- This is complimentary, please request the access password on arrival.
Noise and care to other guests
- Please be aware that we have neighbours and other guests staying within the premises therefore excessive noise, drunkenness, playing loud music or slamming doors must be avoided at all times.
- There is a parking space available at the front of the house and we would ask that you park within the lines so there is sufficient space for everyone to park.
- One guest bedroom key and one front door key will be provided on arrival and will be your responsibility throughout your stay.
- Lost keys will incur a charge.
- We have a totally non-smoking policy at Lochview House, which includes the guest bedrooms and all indoor and outdoor public areas including the car park.
In case of emergency
- Call us on 01397 703149
We hope you enjoy your stay at Lochview House